RASPBERRY BUTTER CAKE
125g unsalted butter
¾ cup caster sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1½ cups self-raising flour
½ cup milk
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Grease and line a 23cm round cake tin with baking paper.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy (electric mixer or food processor), add eggs one at a time and beat until well combined.
Add half flour and milk, mix, then add remaining flour and milk, mix well.
Gently fold ¼ cup of the raspberries through the mixture.
Spoon ¾ of the mixture into the tin, sprinkle with remaining raspberries, then pour rest of cake mixture over the top.
Use a spatula to smooth the top, add a few pieces of cut apple sprinkle with ground cinnamon on top.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Allow cake to cool for 5 minutes in the tin and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
Sprinkle with icing sugar or whipped cream and raspberries before serving.
VGM International Products used:
- Image 1 – Savannah Prodigy Scale in Pure White RRP $49.95 & Savannah 25cm Premium Stainless Whisk RRP $14.95
- Image 2 – Zeal 4 in 1 Double Sided Measuring Spoon RRP $10.95 & Zeal 20cm Silicone Spatula Spoon RRP $11.95
- Image 3 – Zeal 20cm Silicone Spatula Spoon RRP $11.95
- Image 4 – Zeal Stainless Steel Cake Tester RRP $8.95 & Zeal Large Hot Mat RRP $12.95
- Image 5 & 6 – Andre Verdier Debutant Ivory Cake Forks, in a set of 6 RRP $69.95